Search This Blog

2013-03-24

Electronic Sketchpad

Hello Everyone

I need a drawing tablet to connect to my PC (Windows 7).  Any recommendations?



I want to do basic pencil drawing and art work.  Maybe some photography touch-ups.
It must be child friendly so that my 3- and 5- year old can play with it (of course under supervision!)
I want to create some basic sprites for tablet applications.
I need to be able to trace from an existing picture.
My target price-range is about US$50 to $200

I am considering the Wacom Bambo Create
But maybe I should also look at other more entry-level Wacom products.
What do you think about the Monoprice Tablet?
Then should I consider options like Genius, Manhattan, Apitek, and Hanvon?
Is there another popular brand that I should investigate first?
Have you done any comparisons between the different devices/models?



So, what Electronic Sketchpad do you recommend?  Any good / bad experiences out there?



8 comments:

  1. Hi. You cannot go wrong with the Wacom models. For start-up I would recommend one of the smaller models. If you go pro, then investigate something more powerful. The look-and-feel and Wacom is superior to the other tablets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Wacom is very good and trouble free. Note: Moving from mouse to tablet pen drawing takes a few days getting used to. Once you are on the Wacom you will never look back... unless later you upgrade to a more professional version.

      Delete
  2. Wacom Bamboo will be more expensive than most of the others, but it is worth it. I will however not let young children work with it. The tip of the pen will damage easily if not used correctly.
    Good luck with your purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happy with my Genius TouchPen. Not the same professional quality as the Wacom, but it do its job fine. I would recommend you first find-a-friend with a graphics tablet and see if it is for you. Some people switch back to the good old mouse. Get yourself a quality drawing package. Normally the packages that comes with the tablet will be the Light-, Essential-, Trial-, or plain watered down version.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have compared various drawing tablets before and Wacom came out tops. Also check the free software you get with each tablet. Sometimes if you need a specific software you almost get the tablet for free.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The reviews of the Monoprice tablet is very impressive, also the cost. If in doubt, get the Wacom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi. You can get almost any version/model/make of drawing tablet and you will notice a difference. Artwork for the PC/tablet/MAC will be a pleasure. Give yourself 3 days of use to get use to the new device. Get a good art program, that's important. Buy entry-level and later upgrade depending on your need. Some people prefer larger devices, some enjoy drawing on the small tablets.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a Wacom Intuos tablet. Fantastic product, but above your price expectations. Go with Wacom and it will grow into you.

    For the kids, consider getting a Leapfrog LeapPad. Small children and professional drawing tablets might not be a good match. They will break the pen, unless used under your supervision. The LeapPad 2 comes in different colors and customizations e.g. Princess Bundle for your daughter.

    For yourself, get the Wacom Bamboo Create also called the Wacom Bamboo Fun Pen and Touch Tablet - CTH670.

    ReplyDelete